Join the #HelpUsWatch Campaign today to enable Georgia Watch to continue fighting for necessary consumer protections in our state.
Over the past several years, Georgia Watch successfully advocated for legislation to protect Georgians from surprise medical bills, fought for protections against high-interest predatory car title loans, supported legislation prohibiting retaliation against tenants who report unsafe and unhealthy housing conditions, protected necessary low-income programs at Georgia Power, and so much more! During this time of increased economic instability, we know that Georgians need a trusted and relentless advocate now more than ever.
So far in 2023, we’ve…
- Honored six Consumer Champions for steadfastly for standing up for the interests of Georgia consumers.
- Advocated for a broad policy framework to hold hospitals and health systems accountable to keep providers where they are needed, reduce disparities in access and prevent destabilizing closures across the state.
- Commissioned a statewide poll with the University of Georgia showing that Georgians strongly support increased financial protections for consumers, hospital accountability, and equity considerations in the legislative process.
- Empowered over 300 community leaders through our civic advocacy and policy workshops to amplify the voices of their communities.
- Provided education on refugee and immigrant health rights, financial literacy, maternal and child health, and Community Health Worker (CHW) leadership.
- Amplified the need for financial protection by uplifting the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) and the strides the CFPB has made to help protect consumers in Georgia.
- Worked to reduce medical debt for consumers across our state and nationally. Our efforts included joining with partners to provide vital information and personal stories at the Medical Debt Day of Action in Washington, DC, where the Biden Administration took steps to remove all medical debt from credit reports.
- And so much more…
How can you join the campaign? It’s simple. A little bit goes a long way. If you can afford to give, set up a one-time or recurring donation today. Your donation will help to support our efforts toward building a future of equity and justice in Georgia. With your support, we will continue to make a powerful difference to prevent destabilizing hospital closures, increase consumer financial protections, empower Georgians through civic advocacy education, and reduce medical debt and high energy bills.
Every dollar donated helps us continue this vitally important work!
Another way to support our #HelpUsWatch campaign is to help us spread the word to reach our goal by sharing graphics and sample language from our social media toolkit.