The Georgia Financial Protection Coalition (GFPC) advocates for safe financial products and industry practices that will create a fairer marketplace in Georgia. This statewide network includes service providers and advocates who want to share information and protect consumers.
The GFPC, which currently has about 80 members statewide, is a statewide network of service providers and advocates who want to share information and protect consumers. This coalition:
- Provides opportunities for service providers, advocates and consumers’ voices to be heard on issues that affect the financial well-being of their communities
- Keeps members up-to-speed on events at the State Capitol and in Washington
- Informs members on what actions they can take to make a difference
- Works together to develop proactive policies to eliminate obstacles standing in the way of financial security for so many Georgians
- Trains members on how they can advocate for their community members at the local, state, and federal levels
To learn more about the GFPC, please read our recently released a policy paper, “Making Small-Dollar Lending Safer for Georgians.” This paper details the many dangerous financial products out there, like payday and title pawn loans, that can easily ensnare people in a cycle of debt, destroying their credit and making the road to financial security a rough and lengthy one. The paper makes policy recommendations for state-level reforms that we need in Georgia.
To request to join the Georgia Financial Protection Coalition, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or click here.
Tell Us Your Predatory Lending Story
READ OUR LATEST UPDATES ON FINANCIAL PROTECTION:
- How Georgia’s top GOP leaders have blocked title lending reform
- Georgia struggles to protect residents from debt collectors
- How title lenders trap poor Georgians in debt with triple-digit interest rates
- Metro Atlanta company suffers data breach, affecting 54K inmates
- Reflecting on the Community Benefit and Economic Stability (CBES) Project