Last month, the Public Service Commission voted to release $4 million from a special fund to help low-income seniors pay their winter natural gas bills.
Low-income seniors not yet signed up for the Atlanta Gas Light senior citizen discount have until today – February 18th – to contact their marketer to sign up so they can receive the new funds. The grant money is limited to those who already receive the senior citizen discount on their natural gas bill.
To be eligible for the grant money, the following must apply:
* Applicant must be 65 years of age or older
* Applicant must receive less than $14,355 in income per year
* Natural gas account must be in applicant’s name
* Applicant must be already signed up for the AGL senior citizen discount
* If applicant has already received assistance this winter through the Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP), he/she is ineligible for grant money
For more information about the qualifications for this aid, click here.