Do you work or volunteer for a non-profit, college, faith-based group, school, library, hospital, financial institution or government agency? Does your organization provide education or resources for special populations in Georgia? Please consider applying to participate in Georgia Watch’s one-day training on how to help your clients/patrons/students prevent, identify and report scams.
With data breaches, an increase in cases of identity theft, and more information shared online, it’s important to inform clients of how they can identify, prevent and report scams. Join us for a one-day ‘Train-the-Trainer’ workshop in your region and learn best practices in how to educate your clients/patrons/students on these important topics.
- Participants will receive in-depth training, materials, and support to organize workshops for their agency/school/organization.
- Certificate of Completion and Continuing Education Credits (CEUs) for some professions will be provided at no cost.
- Light breakfast and lunch will be provided to all participants.
- Agencies in rural areas of Georgia strongly encouraged to participate.
- Agencies that serve minority populations, refugee communities, and those who speak English as a second language strongly encouraged to participate.
- There is no cost to participate in this training. Selected candidates will be invited to attend a one-day training in their region.
Eligibility to Apply:
- Must work or volunteer for a non-profit agency, school, library, faith-based group, college, hospital or government department in Georgia;
- With support from Georgia Watch, must be willing to plan at least (2) workshops on consumer protection issues for your organization prior to 12-31-2016;
- Must have support from employer/agency.
Six Training Opportunities in April 2016:
All training sessions run from 9:30 AM to 5:00 PM. Registration and breakfast begins at 9:00 AM
Date: Wednesday, April 20, 2016
Location: Jesup Train Depot, 176 NW Broad St, Jesup, GA 31545
Date: Thursday, April 21, 2016
Location: Heritage Sandy Springs, 6110 Blue Stone Rd NE, Atlanta, GA 30328
Date: Friday, April 22, 2016
Location: Nessmith-Lane Conference Center, Georgia Southern University, 847 Plant Dr. Statesboro, GA 30458
Date: Monday, April 25, 2016
Location: Student Center, Room 252, Darton State College, 2400 Gillionville Road, Albany, GA 31707
Date: Wednesday, April 27, 2016
Location: Spout Springs Library, 6488 Spout Springs Rd, Flowery Branch, GA 30542
Date: Friday, April 29, 2016
Location: Central Georgia Technical College, 54 GA-22, Milledgeville, GA 31061 Conference Center, Room H107
The application will remain open until all slots have been filled. For more information, please email: email@example.com or call 404-525-1085.
Space is limited for each regional training. Please provide as much information as possible about your experience, interest and agency support in your application.
Thank you to the Rose Foundation for Communities and the Environment for their support of this project.